Common errors concerning Oleaut32.dll
Oleaut32.dll is a 32 bit DLL file, owned by Microsoft. It is essentially a library which contains core OLE functions. It is a part of Microsoft OLE 3.50 for Microsoft Windows NT™ and Windows 95™. It processes information for other applications to provide OLE support to applications that require it. The file size is 569.344 bytes and the latest version is 3.50.5016.0. The file is usually available in all Windows Operating Systems.
Though flagged as a system process, it is considered as a legitimate Windows DLL only depending on the directory location it is executed or run from. It is usually safe when it is inside a system directory. It is also referred to as Oleaut32, Oleaut32.dll, Oleaut32dll and Oleaut32-dll.
The files related to Oleaut32.dll are asycfilt.dll, msdart32.dll, msdtcprx.dll, oc25.dll, ole2.dll, ole2nls.dll, ole32.dll, oleacc.dll, oledlg.dll, olepro32.dll, urlmon.dll etc.
Common errors concerning Oleaut32.dll files,
• “Microsoft Excel requires file OLEAUT32.DLL to run. The version of OLEAUT32.DLL that is on your computer is older than the one required by this version of Microsoft Excel.”
Please run Setup again, and select the Reinstall option to install the correct version of the file.
• “The required file OUTLRPC.dll cannot be found in your path”
Please reinstall Microsoft Outlook.
• “The AGENTSVR.EXE file is linked to missing export OLEAUT32.DLL:277.”
• “FRONTPG caused an invalid page fault in module MFC42.DLL at 0137:5f4086f7.”
• “The file ‘OLEAUT32.DLL’ is out of date. This program requires a newer version.6. Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt”:
Windows root\system32\Oleaut32.dll. Please re-install a copy of the above file. Winnt_root>\System32\Oleaut32.dll missing or corrupt: Please re-install a copy of the above file.
• Cannot find \Windows\System32\Oleaut32.dll.
• Cannot find Oleaut32.dll.
• A required .DLL file, Oleaut32.dll was not found.
• Program requires the file ‘Oleaut32.dll’ to run. Run Setup again to assure proper installation.
Solutions for fixing errors caused due to Oleaut32.dll files,
• Run “Detect and Repair” to automatically replace an outdated file.
• Copy the file from the Microsoft Office Pack. It is generally not recommended to do modify or copy the file manually. Using Windows Update website is a better option to fix the error.
• Install the latest Windows Service Pack.
• Reinstall Microsoft Office in case of corruption of files.
• Expand a compressed file for the system to recognize it as a legitimate .dll file.
• Running the software RegCure which will fix all Oleaut32.dll related problems.