PDH.DLL coding the log files
Pdh.dll stands for “Performance Data Helper Library”. The file contains the program codes for the creation of log files, provides functions for hardware counters and other measurement methods and is called for when the system’s performance is being monitored.
It is owned by Microsoft Corporation and is a part of Microsoft Windows described as -bestand voor Prestatiegegevenshelper van Windows. The name of the software product is Microsoft(R) Windows (R) 2000 Operating System and the operating system is NT-Win32. The size of the file is 283.136 bytes and the latest version of the file is 5.2.3790.0 (srv03_rtm.030324-248). The default location of the file is Windows Installation Folder / Some Subfolder.
The dl file is not considered as a security risk and is in fact flagged as a system process which is essential for smooth operation of the system. As is the norm the file when run or executed from its proper directory location is always safe and would not be treated as a virus. Removing the file would adversely affect the system.
Errors Messages Related to Pdh.dll,
• Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows root\system32\Pdh.dll.
• Winnt_root>\System32\Pdh.dll file missing or corrupt: Please re-install Pdh.dll file again.
• Cannot find \Windows\System32\Pdh.dll.
• Cannot find Pdh.dll.
• A required .DLL file, Pdh.dll was not found.
• Program requires the file ‘Pdh.dll’ to run. Please Run the Setup again for reinstallation.
Solutions for Fixing Errors Related to Pdh.dll,
• Copy the file from the Microsoft Office Pack. It is generally not recommended to do modify or copy the file manually. Using Windows Update website is a better option to fix the error.
• Install the latest Windows Service Pack.
• Reinstall Microsoft Office in case of corruption of files.
• Expand a compressed file for the system to recognize it as a legitimate .dll file.
• Running the software Registry Smart which will fix all Oleaut32.dll related problems.